Commercial Let Insurance
Buying a property for commercial buy to let purposes is becoming more popular with landlords wanting to extend their portfolio. Any property that is used for commercial purposes must be insured on a commercial let insurance policy in order to offer adequate level of cover for the owner.
This product has been designed to cover all types of commercial let property owners including single properties and portfolios.
Commercial Let quotes can be provided for the followings types of properties:-
- Hotels & Guesthouses
- Manufacturers & Processors
- Place of Worship
- Pubs, Wine Bars & Social/Sports Clubs
- Restaurants, Cafes & Takeaways
- Shops & Retail Premises
- Wholesalers & Distributors
- Unoccupied Premises
- Multiple Occupancy
- Other – For those risks that do not fall within the above types of properties
Significant features and benefits include:
- Comprehensive package including Buildings, Contents, Terrorism, Property owners’ liability and Legal expenses
- Extra benefits cover for Buildings includes Accidental breakage, Accidental damage to underground services, Breakage of glass, Building fees and the cost of removing debris, Illegal cultivation of drugs, Loss of metered water, Loss of rent and Trace and access
- Extra benefits cover for Contents includes Accidental breakage, Locks and keys, Loss of metered water and Loss of rent
- No claims bonus available
- Malicious damage by tenants up to £5,000 cover
- Multi location policies available
Insured event for buildings and contents:
Cover provided for damage to property insured against:-
Fire and smoke, Earthquake, Explosion, Lightning, Aircraft, Riot and civil commotion, Impact, Breakage or collapse of communication aerials, Falling trees or branches, telegraph poles or lamp posts, Theft or attempted theft, Malicious acts or vandalism, Flood, Escape of water or oil, Subsidence, heave or landslip and Storm.
Standard covers include:
- Loss of Rent at 20% of Buildings sum insured
- Property owners’ liability £2,000,000
Optional covers include:
- Accidental damage on buildings and contents (restricted for certain types of tenants)
- Increase Loss of Rent sum insured from 20% to 30%
- Terrorism cover for buildings and contents
- Legal expenses
Property Owners Liability
Cover included for £2,000,000 any one event plus agreed costs and expenses which can be increased to £10,000,000 if required.
Legal liability for injury to any person other than you.
Loss or damage to property which you or your domestic employees do not own or have legal responsibility for.
Legal liability arising under the Defective Premises Act 1972 or Section 5 of the Defective Premises (Northern Ireland) Order 975, in connection with premises disposed of.
Please contact our dedicated helpline 0800 197 5515 to discuss your requirements or complete the Request a Call Back form and one of our team will contact you.
The above cover and limits are based on our products only. In certain circumstances we may seek terms from alternative markets and we will set out our recommendations to you based on our assessment of your requirements.