Medical Malpractice Insurance
Medical professional liability insurance, sometimes known as medical malpractice insurance, is one type of professional liability insurance which protects physicians and other licensed health care professionals (e.g., dentist, nurse) from liability associated with wrongful practices resulting in bodily injury, medical expenses and property damage, as well as the cost of defending lawsuits related to such claims.
A medical professional liability insurance policy covers bodily injury or property damage as well as liability for personal injury such as mental anguish.
As Cactus Cover we have a clear understanding of the often complex insurance needs of healthcare professionals. Policies can be tailored to reflect the exposures of your particular profession and the level of indemnity varied to suit your individual needs.
Types of professions covered:
- Aesthetic / Beauty / Cosmetic
- Alternative, supplementary and complementary practitioners
- Care in the community and domiciliary care
- Charities, associations and other not-for-profit organisations
- Clinical trials and CRO risks
- Community Interest Companies (CICs)
- Day surgery clinics and private medical facilities
- Drug addiction and alcohol services
- First aid trainers and private ambulance services
- Hospices, including hospice at home and respite
- Hospitals and clinics
- Local Authorities, Councils and Housing Associations
- Medical diagnostic screening and scanning
- Occupational health screening and therapy
- Pharmaceutical, clinical and biotech consultants
- Recruitment and employment agencies
- Residential & Nursing Care, including dementia care and those providing support for individuals with physical and learning disabilities and mental health issues
- Tropical disease specialists
- Universities and other educational establishments
Please contact our dedicated helpline 0800 197 5515 to discuss your requirements or complete the Request a Call Back form and one of our team will contact you.